First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. All molds are fungi, and share biology with mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to people is relatively uncommon in the fungi kingdom, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't harmful. However, some molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.
The best plan is to contact a who repairs mold damage Franklin IN company to clean up the mold if it is more than 9 square feet.in area. When you see any sizable amount of mold growth, though, it's smart to call for cleanup assistance from mold removal services. The best mold removal services can help you test for mold spots in other places around the structure using tools such as hygrometers, thermometers, laboratory-grade mold test procedures and more.
Before you contact mold cleanup specialists, the first step is to stop the mold from getting worse. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Next, work to stop the moisture source that brought the mold. For example, clear standing water and fix plumbing problems if you can. The next step is to contain the mold in as small an area as possible. You might block off the room with disposable tarps, for example.
Next, you're ready to figure out if you need to get professional help. Consider not only the damaged area, but also any aggravating health issues you have. People who already have trouble breathing, for example, should not perform mold cleanup activities.
Once you've decided, there are vital steps to take in either direction. To finish the mold removal yourself, gather supplies such as gloves that reach your forearms, washable coveralls, sealed goggles and approved mold masks. You will also need something to trap mold from reaching the floor and tools to fix drywall, if that's where you found the mold. Mold removal specialists agree that you should not leave unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere because it can't be cleaned well enough. Whatever you do, don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a serious mold repair situation. It's completely unsuccessful for soft surfaces, afterall, and only partially effective on hard surfaces. It's also potentially toxic because it can cause fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia.
Chances are that if you're worried enough about mold problems to research, you will want certified mold removal technicians service. For example, don't hire a company focused on humid areas.
Check licensing and certifications before you hire a mold damage cleanup service. The State Office of Consumer Protection is a good place to begin, and you can check for approval by groups such as as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection. You might also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.
Mold left to grow releases spores, which act like seeds and can cause damage to spread in short order. If you don't, harmful mold will continue to feast on your structure and can destroy your possessions. Some molds, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health problems ranging from neurological damage to respiratory and mold-related infections and generally poor health. Mold can be particularly harmful to infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system .
The safest way to handle your mold growth is to get mold damage cleanup assistance. Don't delay.who repairs mold damage Franklin IN